The first step is to figure out whether the problem or challenge in your department is one that could be addressed with Continuous Improvement (CI) methods and tools. This will help us determine if you should launch a CI project. Below are some of the questions that we will need to answer:
- What are the challenges with the process?
- Why are they a problem?
- What is the desired goal for this potential project?
- Who owns the process?
- Who might be the project sponsors?
- Who are the customers of the process?
- Are there any risks or challenges with this potential project?
We can also facilitate an exercise for your department that involves reviewing your goals, identifying your processes, and determining how CI might help. In fact, we have been working with several campus departments to use CI methods and tools to help them achieve their annual goals.