Green Belt Program
The University of Notre Dame grants Green Belt Certification to University employees who have completed the following training and project requirements.
- Complete Online Green Belt training through moresteam.com (with an average of 80%+ on skill assessments)
- Complete Classroom Green Belt training sponsored by the Office of Continuous Improvement
A Green Belt candidate must complete at least one successful CI project where he/she has served as project leader. The candidate must:
- Be actively involved (gathering data, conducting analytical work, managing change and implementing the project).
- Demonstrate mastery of the Green Belt curriculum (by using proper CI tools and methods from start to finish).
- Present a project summary to the Office of Continuous Improvement and the project sponsor (resulting in final project sign-off).
The project must:
- Produce meaningful results that make a substantial impact in the areas of quality, efficiency, financial savings, and/or customer service/satisfaction.
- Include a control plan to sustain the improved results.
Certified Green Belts are encouraged to continue leading CI projects, keep their skills current, and provide value to the University's CI initiatives by:
- Identifying, and helping others to identify, CI projects.
- Serving as a CI Champion.
- Coaching and mentoring CI teams.